Monday, February 20, 2012

Why I Created this Blog

I have many reasons for creating Career and Baby:

  1. A place to connect with women like me:  I would love to create a network of working Moms, particularly  women who are new to their careers, motherhood, or both.  There are so many changes going on in our lives, I'd love to discuss them with you!
  2. A place to hold myself accountable:  I have many professional and personal goals.  If I publish them, I will be more accountable.
  3. A place to possibly earn extra income:  My husband and I earn modest teachers' salaries.  We live in a neighborhood that is slightly above our means and quality childcare is expensive.  I plan to be an affiliate for companies that are relevant to the professional and the mother.
  4. A place to vent:  Simply put, trying to succeed in a new career and motherhood is challenging and stressful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment